Schwegler Bat Box 1FD
This 1FD bat box is suitable for most applications and has proven successful as a nursery roost with the common Pipistrelle Bat and Long Eared Bat (Plecotus auritus).
The interior, roof and entrance hole of this bat box has been especially designed for small bats. The bat chamber, height and double corrugated wooden boards make the ideal area for encouraging a nursery bat roost
The front cover can be removed for inspection and cleaning.
1FD Bat Box Features:
- Backed by 25 year guarantee (in addition to your statutory rights)
- The front panel can be removed for inspection and cleaning
- Supplied with Hanger and Aluminium Nail
- Dimensions: 160 Diameter x 360H mm.
- Weight: 4.8kg.
25 Year Warranty
These nest boxes are especially made to exacting standards by Schwegler using their unique WoodcretePLUS™ material - an incredibly tough, durable mix of sawdust, concrete and clay that is rotproof, predator proof and impervious to the worst weather. Their excellent insulating properties will keep any nesting brood warm and sheltered, and their smart, natural looks will stay good for decades to come.
WoodcretePLUS™ is superior to all other materials for nest boxes, including the many sub-standard wood-concrete mixes attempted by others over the years. For example:
• During 50 years of use, it has proven to be exceptionally longlasting - usually well in excess of 25 years.
• It provides precisely the right thermal properties for both chick-rearing and winter roosting.
• Fully waterproof, it requires no maintenance whatsoever.
• It resists nearly all forms of natural damage, including that made by woodpeckers and pine martens.
WoodcretePLUS™ nest boxes are the choice of conservationists throughout the world, universally recognised as the best, both for their exceptionally high occupation rates and value for money.