CATWatch - Ultrasonic Cat Deterrent
CATWatch is now the only cat deterrent, scientifically tested and approved by The Royal Society for the
Protection of Birds (RSPB). When the CATWatch unit is triggered, the Ultrasonic bursts cause the cat to retreat and the longer
the unit is in place, the more effective it is.
CATWatch is durable, effective and covers a larger area than cheaper units, making CATWatch a more cost-effective deterrent.
It also comes with a two-year warranty.
This cat deterrent works by detecting body heat and movement, therefore, we advise the unit is turned off when you are in the
garden for long periods of time to preserve battery life.
Does it work?
Yes, we trialed this ourselves at Gardenature and it really works!
CATWatch, has successfully completed a two-year scientific trial conducted by the RSPB to determine its deterrent effect
on cats in residential gardens. The results are published in the Applied Animal Behaviour Science Journal after
peer review. The research concluded that CATWatch reduces cat intrusions into gardens. The longer the unit is in place,
the more effective it is.
Works in most weather conditions
CATWatch is designed to run trouble free all year round and in all weather conditions from -30 C to +60 C. The low voltage
computer controlled micro circuitry is completely sealed inside the unit, the only deterrent with this feature, so that in
the unlikely event of water entering inside, it will still continue to function and be absolutely safe to touch.
Easy to use
CATWatch can be moved and positioned at ground level in seconds or secured at the base of walls, fences and trees. Simply
clip in a 9v PP3 Alkaline battery
(not included) or use the optional mains adaptor
then it switch on.
Catwatch will detect movement up to 18 metres in front of the device, in an arch view point so will also detect to the left
and right of itself. It also had a 10 degree below detection, but it will not detect from above,so it’s key to position catwatch at the height of the intruding cat, whether that is using the stake into lawn/soil, or by
hanging the device by the notch at the back of unit.
Power check facility
When you switch CATWatch on, it automatically checks the power source (battery
or mains adaptor
and when it is working properly you will hear a series of clear bleeps.
High tech self diagnosis
CATWatch incorporates a self-testing microchip electronic diagnostic system which continuously checks the unit for correct
operation. In the unlikely event of a problem developing, the red light behind the lens and/or the electronic click heard
as the unit activates will stop working. As we cannot hear the alarm this ensures that you can easily check that CATWatch is working correctly.
CATWatch mains power advantages:
For maximum power and economy use the optional mains adaptor kit
: Available as an addtional option when you click the BUY button
- Maintains operation at peak efficiency as opposed to the declining power of batteries
- The alarm is increased by 30%
- Long term economy - costs just a few pence per month to run
- Completely safe -weatherproof 30ft 12-volt bell wire runs outdoors to the unit
- Passive infrared sensor detects body movement and heat - so no hiding place for cats.
- Electronic micro-circuitry and computer controlled microchip activates signal as cat enters protected area - and switches
off as the animal leaves
- High quality speaker emits series of modulating ultrasound frequencies 20-24 kHz - repellent to cats
- On/off switch plus red l.e.d. light
- Positioning stake
- Secure all weather high impact casing
CATWatch ultrasonic cat deterrent specifications:
- PIR viewing angle: 100 degree
- Detection Range: up to 18 meters
- Area of protection: Approximately 125 square meters
- Battery life: approximately 2 - 3months
- Power supply: x1 PP3 9v battery
- Optional mains power: Yes (not included)
- Red LED: Yes, for showing when active or low battery warning
- Output frequency: sweeping from 20-24khz
- Includes Mounting Stake: Yes
- Waterproof: Yes IP34. Not submersible
- Warranty: 2 Years