Schwegler Small Bat Box 3FN
This Schwegler bat box 3FN is ideal for nailing to a tree and offers a safe haven for bats with the smaller entrance holes at the front and in the floor restricting potential predators.
Manufactured from woodcrete this 3FN Schwegler Bat Box has proved popular with smaller Bats
The floor entrance provides the best protection against predators, draughts and bright light. With these two access options bats can land on the tree trunk and crawl through the opening in the floor and fly away directly from the wider front entrance.
2FN Special Bat Box Features:
- Backed by 25 year guarantee (in addition to your statutory rights)
- The front panel can be removed for inspection and cleaning
- Supplied with Hanger and Alliminium Nail
- Dimensions: 160 Diameter x 360H mm.
- Weight: 4.9kg
- Colour: Black
25 Year Warranty
These nest boxes are especially made to exacting standards by Schwegler using their unique WoodcretePLUS™ material - an incredibly tough, durable mix of sawdust, concrete and clay that is rotproof, predator proof and impervious to the worst weather. Their excellent insulating properties will keep any nesting brood warm and sheltered, and their smart, natural looks will stay good for decades to come.
WoodcretePLUS™ is superior to all other materials for nest boxes, including the many sub-standard wood-concrete mixes attempted by others over the years. For example:
• During 50 years of use, it has proven to be exceptionally longlasting - usually well in excess of 25 years.
• It provides precisely the right thermal properties for both chick-rearing and winter roosting.
• Fully waterproof, it requires no maintenance whatsoever.
• It resists nearly all forms of natural damage, including that made by woodpeckers and pine martens.
WoodcretePLUS™ nest boxes are the choice of conservationists throughout the world, universally recognised as the best, both for their exceptionally high occupation rates and value for money.