Woodpecker Nesting Box - Camera Ready
The Woodpecker Nest Box
Our nest box for woodpeckers offers market leading quality, durability and great value for money. Handmade in our UK workshops from high grade PEFC Western Red Cedar (responsibly sourced) this woodpecker box design follows guidelines suggested by the RSPB. The nest box hole is 45 mm which has only been partly drilled, there are 4 drain holes in the bird box floor, which is doubly thick in order to allow the woodpecker to excavate a concave for egg laying. The front and top panels are screwed for ease of cleaning out which is recommended to be around the months of September and October.
- Large nest box with hole 45 - 50 mm Hole
- Nest height: 3 - 5 m above ground
- No nest is made
- Egg laying Starts between late April and mid June
- 4 to 6 eggs. White
- Incubation time: 14-16 days
- Nestlings fledge after about 20-24 days.