Woodpecker Nesting Box
- Handmade 21mm Western Red Cedar (PEFC certified) woodpecker nesting box
- Nest box hole part drilled to 45mm, the woodpeckers will complete the excavation!
The Woodpecker Nest Box
Our nest box for woodpeckers offers market leading quality, durability and great value for money. Handmade in our UK workshops from high grade 21mm PEFC Western Red Cedar (responsibly sourced) this woodpecker box design follows guidelines suggested by the RSPB. The nestbox hole is 45mm which has only been partly drilled, there are 4 drain holes in the bird box floor. The front and top panels are screwed for ease of cleaning out which is recommended to be in the months of September and October. A quick release camera mounting bracket and cable tray is already fitted should you wish to add a gardenature camera kit at a later date.
Woodpecker Facts - BTO
- Large nest box with hole 45 - 50mm Hole
- Nest height: 3m-5m above ground
- No nest is made
- Egg laying Starts between late April and mid June
- 4 to 6 eggs. White
- Incubation time: 14-16 days
- Nestlings fledge after 20-24 days