Updated Product Available
This Beehive has now been superseded by a newer model SBH2
This Solitary Beehive is an interactive solitary bee habitat constructed from FSC timber, the individual stacking trays can be opened for inspection and/or cleaning.
Bees are a gardeners friend, attracting solitary bees is not only safe but very beneficial to pollination of flowers, fruit and vegetables
The hole sizes of this bee hive habitat are precisely specified to attract non-swarming bees like the Red Mason Bee, Leafcutter Bee and other solitary bees. These friendly bees are industrious and safe around children and pets. The bees are naturally attracted to holes in wood and the solitary beehive provides a habitat that has become harder to find in modern gardens.
Fascinating and great for education, the beehive trays can be carefully separated to view the formation of small cells where the eggs are laid, or indeed where predators have been active.
- Site in a sunny position facing between south and east to catch the morning sun.
- Mounting height between ground level and
- No chemical treatments needed as the habitat is made from durable FSC timber
- Stacking trays may be inspected after bee activity has ceased (Autumn/Winter)
- Protect full bee tubes with mesh to prevent predation by woodpeckers
Solitary Bee Hive dimensions:
- H 200mm W220mm L 220mm
- Weight 1.6kg