Hedgehog House with Wireless Camera
This Hedgehog Box has a Digital Wireless CCD camera already installed for you. The hedgehog camera will produce colour images
only if there is enough daylight coming through the entrance tunnel, this type of habitat is usually placed in and around
foliage so clear black and white (Infrared) images will likely be received most of the time due to naturally low light
level conditions. The hedgehog box camera includes a highly sensitive microphone so you can hear as well as see what's
going on inside the hedgehog box.
The Hedgehog Box
Hedgehog Home features:
- Fully built-in tunnel with large square access for even the largest hedgehog to avoid unwanted visitors.
- Handmade with screwed joints and double coated with a preservative
- Raised base to enable the box to be partially buried.
- Safe nesting chamber well away from the tunnel entrance.
- Specially designed ventilation to provide just the right temperature and humidity.
- Removable and routed roof for secure fitment, easy inspection and cleaning.
- Material: High quality 12mm resin bonded ply.
- Floor battens which raise the hedgehog box off the ground.
- Dimensions: H250 x W420 x L516 mm
- Weight: 6.25kg
This CCD High Resolution 700TVL (TV Line) Camera has been designed specifically for use with Gardenature camera bird boxes and bird feeder camera kits. This owl box camera has a light sensor that switches the x10 infrared night vision LEDs on/off supplementing loss of natural light levels with an invisible IR (infrared). The owl box camera produces colour images providing there is enough natural light getting into the box (depending on positioning) and/or black and white images in low or even no light levels. The camera also houses a highly sensitive microphone so you can hear as well as see what's going on inside the nesting box. This camera has a 3.6 mm lens which produces a 92 degree viewing angle. The lens will have been focused to the correct position but it can very easily be adjusted to suit alternative applications if required.
Digital Wireless System
The wireless transmitter and receiver used in this kit is of a professional CCTV quality, it uses digitally encrypted technology which is much more powerful than some cheaper systems that only cover short distances and are prone to interference. The advantage of using digital wireless is that you will get 100% interference free video and audio quality as these paired devices will automatically channel hop if they detect a signal being used by another device such as broadband etc. Our digital transmitters are capable of sending a clear AV signal over 150 metres 'line of sight'. We can also supply optional high gain antennas for distances of 250m and upto 1km 'line of sight'.
What is line of sight ? This is the measured distance achievable when there are no obstructions between the TX and RX. A standard house wall can reduce the transmission distance by upto 30 meters.
So what goes where ? Although the audio & video transmission is wireless from the TX transmitter to the RX receiver, there is a need for some cable connections to the camera and for power.
Inside: The receiver will connect straight to your TV via a spare Scart input (adaptor included), or yellow
& white RCA Video/Audio inputs. There is a 240v / 12vDC plug for mains connection at the wall.
Outside: The AV transmitter is mounted inside a weatherproof housing, the camera is connected by a 2 meter cable running to the nest box allowing for convenient positioning. There is also a 10 meter DC power cable which should be run to the the nearest mains power supply, ideally located in a shed or garage etc. This means that the overall distance from the outdoor mains location to the actual nest box camera can be upto 12 meters away, extensions available if required.
Wireless Camera Hedgehog House contains:
- High quality marine ply Hedgehog House
- Ultra High resolution Sony Effio 700 TVL (TV Line) CCD colour camera with infrared night vision, Audio and user adjustable focus.
- Digital Wireless pair TX / RX
- 10 Meter DC cable from TX to mains
- Weatherproof box with the TX and cabling already fitted
- 2x regulated 100-240v AC / 12volt DC mains adaptor plugs (Indoor use)
- TV Scart plug (RCA Yellow / White) optional TV input
- Warranty: Camera 2 years, TX/RX 1 year
Hedgehogs in the Garden
Why have a hedgehog House?
|Antenna /Aerial:||3dB omni directional (standard)|
|Audio:||Yes. Highly sensitive Mic|
|Auto Transmission Pairing:||upto 20 channels|
|Camera_Dimension:||42 x 42mm (metal)|
|Digital Transmission Frequency:||2.4000 > 2.4835 GHz (Auto hoping)|
|Effective Pixels:||752 h x 582 v|
|Hedgehog box Dimensions:||H250 x W420 x L516 mm|
|Hedgehog box Material:||Marine Ply|
|Lens_Angle:||3.6mm. 92 degree|
|Main DSP:||4140 + 673|
|Max Current Draw:||200mA (RX) (TX + Camera) 350mA|
|Maximum No of TX RX per site:||x 4 pairs|
|Maximum Transmission Distance:||150 Meters (line of sight) +Options available|
|Outside 12v Cable Length > Mains:||10 Meters / 33ft|
|TX/RX dimensions:||W 160 X H 125 X D 40mm (without aerial)|
|TX/RX Video Resolution:||720 x 480. 30fps|
|Warranty:||2 years Camera / 1 Year Transmitters|
Wireless installation Manual
pdf, 167.36 KB