Browning Strike Force Apex
This Browning Trail camera model is from one of their aptly named Sub Micro Series. The 'Strike Force Apex' is amongst the smallest camera traps currently on offer, yet it delivers some great features which include a very impressive 0.22 sec trigger speed, 1600 x 900p HD video and 18 megapixel images.
This Strike Force Apex trail camera has an adjustable 55 - 80 ft motion detection range which works really well with the additional 'Motion Test' feature. This option allows you to adapt the Browning camera trap detection area according to its environment, a simple walk test in the desired zone and the camera blinks a light each time it senses motion.
The Strike Force HD Apex has an LCD screen for setting the menu functions. Additional features for the Strike Force Apex include something that Browning call 'Smart IR video' this function allows continued video footage recording (upto 2 mins) whilst the subject is still moving in front of the camera, so what this actually means is that if you set video for 20 secs and there is still motion detected, the recording will stay on up to a max of 2 minutes (day) or 20 secs (night). This Camera is 12 volt so whilst night videos may be limited to 20 secs, if there is still motion the camera will recover and start recording again in under one second, this preserves battery power, memory capacity and the LED's.
Further menu options include SD card management enabling overwrite of older images on the SD card if the memory becomes full. Something we haven't seen before is that this Browning camera will also take up to a massive 512 GB SD memory card, not that you should ever need it, but it could be handy!
There are three recording modes to choose from, Photo or Video and Time Lapse plus Camera. Time lapse is daytime only and can be used simultaneously with photo or video motion detection still triggering.
The Browning Strike Force Apex is slightly smaller than some alternative Browning trail camera models but just as robust and weatherproof. Battery life is good too, this camera will invariably run for up to 11 months when in daily use on one set of 6 x AA's. Alkaline can be used but Lithium batteries are recommended for longevity and consistent performance.
Accessories for this Browning camera are offered when you click the 'BUY' button above.
Strike Force HD Apex Camera Features:
- 18 MP (megapixel) images. Adjustable down to 4 MP
- LCD screen for quick set-up menu options
- 100 ft Low Glow Infrared Night Vision Range
- Adjustable IR Flash (Power Save, Long Range, Fast Motion)
- 0.22 sec Trigger Speed
- Adjustable Detection Range up to 80 ft.
- 0.6 Second Recovery Time between Images
- SD Card Management Options
- 1600 x 900p HD Videos with Sound (5 sec.- 2 min. length)
- Max Video Length: day = 2 mins, night = 20 secs (motion trigger restart 0.8th sec)
- Smart IR Video: allows continued motion recording for up to 2 mins
- Supports up to 512 GB SDXC Memory Card (not included)
- Weatherproof casing in a camo effect finish
- Battery Meter. Functions with Alkaline and Lithium Batteries
- Compact Case Size 4.5” x 3.25” x 2.5”
- Time lapse Plus Camera Mode, with Infrared Triggered Pictures
- Requires 6x AA Batteries (not included)
- Long Battery Life: upto 10,000 images on one set
- Multi Shot Image mode: 2 - 8 images taken at 2.0 sec intervals
- Rapid Fire Image mode: 2 - 8 images taken at 0.2 sec intervals
- 12 volt External Power Jack
- TV Out and USB Port
- Picture info bar displays: Time, Date, Temperature, Moon Phase, Camera ID
- Programmable Picture Delay (5 sec. – 60 min.)
- ¼” -20 Tripod Socket
- Two Year Warranty
- Compatible download: Browning Buck Watch Time Lapse Viewer Software
Browning Strike Force Apex manual
Browning 5HD-APX instructions
pdf, 2.88 MB