Browning Defender Camera No Glow
FREE: 16GB Micro SDXC memory card and 4 x CR123A lithium batteries are included
The Defender 940 trail camera has all the usual Browning features but the main attraction here would be the Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity which can be used via the Browning Trail Camera mobile App.
Using the Browning Camera App offers you the ability to preview or download images and HD video straight to your (IOS / Android) smart phone or tablet without disturbing your camera. This serves as a great solution for when you have to put the camera in locations that are difficult to reach, up in a tree watching an Owl or Kestrel box perhaps. We also thought the App makes a really handy tool for setting the Defender camera up too, not only does it let you view and adjust the Browning camera menu settings, but you can also view a live image from the camera trap allowing you to set it up in exactly the right position to frame that perfect shot.
Its certainly worth mentioning at this point that in order to use the Bluetooth connectivity out in the field your smart device and the Browning camera would need to be within Bluetooth range of each other, or of course the camera is within your WiFi network signal to use the alternative WiFi connectivity.
The Defender 940 camera has an 80ft No Glow (940nm) Infrared LED night vision range, this can be adjusted for low power or long range, depending on your terrain. No Glow Infrared LED's mean this camera does not emit any IR lights and therefore makes it worthy of covert placement for wildlife and security projects.
Other Defender WiFi trail camera features include an adjustable 55 - 80 ft Motion Detection (PIR) range which works really well with the additional 'Motion Test' feature. This option allows you to adapt the Browning camera trap detection area according to its environment, a simple walk test in the desired zone and the camera blinks a light each time it senses motion.
The compact camera case features an all steel construction adjustable tree mount to assist the tilt aim when strapping your browning Defender trail camera to a post or tree.
The Defender 940 is capable of producing good high quality uncompressed 1080p HD videos, 60 fps daytime and 30fps night. There's also a feature Browning call 'Smart IR video'. This function allows continued video footage recording (upto 2 mins) whilst the subject is still moving in front of the camera, so what this actually means is that if you set video for 20 secs and there is still motion detected, the recording will stay on up to a max of 2 minutes (day) or 20 secs (night). So whilst night videos may be limited to 20 secs, if there is still motion the camera will recover and start recording again in under one second, this preserves battery power, memory capacity and the LED's.
There are three recording modes to choose from, Photo or Video and Time Lapse plus. Time lapse is daytime only and can be used simultaneously with photo or video motion detection still triggering.
Accessories for this Browning camera are offered when you click the 'BUY' button above.
Browning Defender 940 Features:
- 20MP Camera
- Compact Case Size (4.5” x 3.2” x 2.2”)
- WiFi/Bluetooth Compatible via Browning Trail Cameras Mobile App
- Adjustable IR Flash (Power Save, Long Range, Fast Motion)
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD videos with sound (Daytime Settings Range from 5 Seconds - 2 Minutes in Length; Nighttime Videos are Limited to 20 Seconds)
- Built-In Adjustable Tree Mounting Bracket
- LCD Screen (menu functions only) Playback via App or SD Card
- Timelapse Plus Camera Mode with Infrared Triggered Pictures
- Supports up to a 128GB SDXC Card (16GB Included)
- Includes a 16GB SDXC Card and Four CR123A Batteries
- Option of 4x Picture Resolutions
- 80 ft. Flash Range
- 80 ft. Detection Range
- 0.3 Second Trigger Speeds
- 0.8 Second Recovery Time
- Up to 8 Multi-Shot Images
- Up to 8 Rapid Fire Images
- Aim Test Mode
- Programmable Picture Delay (Delay Settings Range from 5 Seconds – 60 Minutes)
- “Smart IR” Video Detection System
- SD Card “Memory Management” Option
- Preview and Save Images and Videos to your Smartphone or Tablet
- Long Battery Life from Four CR123A Batteries, upto 10,000 images. (Batteries Included)
- Picture “Data Strip” Displays: Time, Date, Temperature, Moon Phase, & Camera ID
- Highly Effective Camo Finish
- Tripod thread - No
- Compatible with Browning Buck WatchTime Lapse Viewer software
- Warranty 2 years
Browning Defender 940 pdf
Browning Defender 940 User Guide
pdf, 8.24 MB