1FR Bat Tube
This maintenance-free concept enables a Bat Tube to be built into the masonry of a wall. The bat tube meets the characteristic behavioral requirements of the types of bats that inhabit buildings. The durable wooden rear panel maintains excellent climatic conditions and provides a surface which the bats can cling on to. The Schwegler Bat Tube 1FR can house approximately 50 to 60 bats.The tube system requires no cleaning or maintenance.
One of the special features is an optional passage through the rear panel: This enables existing cavities occupied by bats in the walls or structure of a building to be retained, providing an unobtrusive solution when conversion, renovation or insulation work is being carried out on older buildings. The bats can crawl from one Tube to another and through the rear into the existing cavities.
Also see product 2FR for modular connecting tubes where a multi side by side install is required.
Schwegler Bat Tube 1FR Features:
- Siting: Listed buildings, industrial buildings, bridges and buildings of slab-type construction.
- Suitable for: Bat species that inhabit buildings
- Material: SCHWEGLER wood-concrete with integrated internal partitions
- Colour: grey material, paintable with standard air-permeable wall-paint
- Dimensions: height 470 x width 200 x depth 125mm
- Entrance: width 150 x height 200mm
- Weight: approx 9.8 kg