Duck Nesting Box
A bit different from the rest of our of nest boxes for wild birds, this duck nesting box is often used for ornamental duck collections, but functions equally well as a safe duck house for wild mallards. This wooden duck house can be used as a multi-purpose duck box, it is subdivided inside with a roomy nesting area, accessible via the entrance porch. The hinged lid can be raised to give easy access to the whole of the interior for inspection and cleaning out. There is a good overhang all the way round the lid of the duck box and it has mounted bearers that the duck box sits on to keep it clear of the ground for better weather and rot resistance.
This duck nesting box has been constructed from precision cut FSC certified external grade European birch plywood which has been treated with an environmentally friendly preservative to make a long lasting dry and comfortable duck house.
Duck House specifications:
- Material: FSC Certified Exterior Grade European Birch Plywood
- Construction: Panels stapled together with surface sunk staples.
- Finish: Non-toxic water based stain and preservative
- Dimensions: Overall height: 33cm, Overall width: 44cm, Overall Depth: 28cm
- Weight: 5kg
- Fixing: None, rests on ground