Schwegler Bat Box 2F double front Panel
This general purpose bat box is suitable for most situations and has proven successful for the common long eared bat (Plecotus auritus)
If you want to see if there are bats in your area then this is an ideal starter bat box. The spherical interior of the roof area provides an ideal roost for bats. If it is not occupied by bats after a number of years , it is easily converted to a Bird Box simply by changing the front panel (additional cost applies).
Providing accommodation for large number of bats, this box offers good value for money and should be used to help with the conservation of these animals.
The front cover can be removed for inspection and cleaning.
2F Bat Box with double front panel Features:
- Backed by 25 year guarantee (in addition to your statutory rights)
- The double front panel can be removed for inspection and cleaning
- Supplied with Hanger and Aluminium Nail
- Dimensions: 160 Diameter x 330H mm.
- Weight: 4.1kg.
25 Year Warranty
These nest boxes are especially made to exacting standards by Schwegler using their unique WoodcretePLUS™ material - an incredibly tough, durable mix of sawdust, concrete and clay that is rotproof, predator proof and impervious to the worst weather. Their excellent insulating properties will keep any nesting brood warm and sheltered, and their smart, natural looks will stay good for decades to come.
WoodcretePLUS™ is superior to all other materials for nest boxes, including the many sub-standard wood-concrete mixes attempted by others over the years. For example:
• During 50 years of use, it has proven to be exceptionally long lasting - usually well in excess of 25 years.
• It provides precisely the right thermal properties for both chick-rearing and winter roosting.
• Fully waterproof, it requires no maintenance whatsoever.
• It resists nearly all forms of natural damage, including that made by woodpeckers and pine martens.
WoodcretePLUS™ nest boxes are the choice of conservationists throughout the world, universally recognised as the best, both for their exceptionally high occupation rates and value for money.